1. Cellular Phone and other Electronic Devices Policy
Andrew Hamilton’s policy is in accordance with the School District of Philadelphia Student Code of Conduct, it is against the Code for a student to bring to school a beeper or a cell phone.
To aid in the creation and maintenance of a learning climate without distractions or cyber bulling.
- The first time a student is caught with a cell phone, beeper, hand held video game, the item WILL BE confiscated and returned at the end of the day.
- The second time the parents will called into meeting with the principal or designee and the item will only be returned at that time.
- If there is a third time that the student is caught with one of these electronic devices, the item will be CONFISCATED AND NOT RETURNED.
2. Acceptable Use Policy
The School District of Philadelphia is providing students and its employees with many opportunities to access technology hardware, network systems and the Internet. This access is for education, learning, and research purposes only. At school students must agree to follow the rules of appropriate technology and Internet use. The following is a summary of the rules and regulations regarding Internet use:
A. Acceptable Use
- Students will not copy material and hand it in as their own work.
- Students will cite all URLs that are used in reports and projects.
- Students will only visit web sites that are appropriate for children.
- Students will not download any music or plug ins that take up valuable bandwidth and slow down the system.
- The use of file-swapping and media streaming services, such as downloading and listening to music on the Internet is wasteful, disruptive, and is STRICTLY PROHIBITED on all District computers and networks.
- Giving personal information on the Internet about yourself or anyone else is forbidden.
- The use of the Internet is a privilege, and as such the final decision regarding who has Internet access rests with teachers, staff, and administrators. Any violation of these rules will result in the loss of Internet and computer use along with possible suspension.
- Students will only visit appropriate, teacher recommended and approved websites.
- Students will use their School District of Philadelphia email accounts.
- Students may not attempt to harm or interfere with computer performance and/or systems
For the complete Acceptable Use Policy, click on Acceptable-Use-of-Internet-Technology-and-Network-Resources
Bullying occurs when someone repeatedly, and on purpose, says or does mean or hurtful things to another person who has a hard time defending themselves.
To view more information about definitions, policies and procedures visit the link below.
Find more information at this link – Office of Climate & Safety